The person reports to the Assistant Director (Arts Promotion and Development) at Head Office.
To Develop, Promote and Regulate Creative and Cultural activities in the province.
Key Result Areas
• Promotion and development of the arts and culture within the province through active engagement with all artists and varied stakeholders
• Perform administrative role and Supervision of staff at the provincial level.
• Resource mobilization for funding of the arts and culture activities in the province.
• Develop and maintain up-to-date database of artists and arts legends by genres
• Oversee arts projects and their impact at the provincial level.
• Create new arts projects which contribute lasting difference in the lives of artist and sector.
• Create strategies for the visibility of arts, culture and heritage programs in the province and ably interface with Local Authorities within the province and develop and maintain lasting relationships with provincial media houses
• Cooperate with Government and Local Authorities in all programmes and platforms concerning the arts.
• Establish networks, linkages and partnerships with relevant stakeholders for a win-win outcomes within the province
• Produce issue based, monthly and annual narrative and financial reports for all provincial activities.
• Carry out research in Intangible Cultural Heritage in the province
• Spearhead the registration of Arts groups, associations and promoters in the province
• Organise arts capacitation workshops, seminars and provincial arts conferences
Competence and Skills
We are looking for a passionate dynamic self-starter and motivated individual with the following competences:
• Ability to provide leadership at the provincial level
• Office administration and research capabilities in critical issues in arts, culture and heritage sector
• Exhibit high level of Integrity and demonstrable human skills
• Good communication and negotiating skills
• Enterprising personality with an eye for generating good business for the Council.
Qualifications and Knowledge
• Social Sciences degree that speaks to the Arts, Culture and Heritage domains
• Proven experience in arts and culture sector
• Proven experience and ability to write concepts papers, funding proposals and conduct research in the Arts, Culture and Heritage
• Must be highly computer literate and in possession of class 4 driver licence.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae to:
National Arts Council of Zimbabwe
P O Box 10463, HARARE
or send by email to:
Please indicate the post applied for on the application letter and submit not later than
20th November 2020