The Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran (Cultural Centre) is inviting Zimbabwe Children and Youth Arts performing Organizations to take part in the upcoming 33rd International Film Festival for Children and the Youth to be held from the 18th – 23rd October 2020 in Iran. Due to Covid-19, the festival will be held virtually.
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION DETAILS
A) Feature Films
i. Best Film Award
ii. Best Director Award
iii. Best Script Award
iv. Best Actor Award
v. Best Technical & Artistic Achievement Award
vi. Special Jury Award
B) Short Films
i. Best Fictional Film Award
ii. Best Animation Award
Terms and Conditions
– Films will be selected by the festival committee under the supervision of the festival di-rector.
– The content and narration of the films submitted should be suitable for children and Youth.
– In this edition, all films that haven’t been screened in Iranian theatres or on streaming platforms are eligible to participate. Films that have been rejected in previous editions are not eligible.
– The films will be screened in two different age groups : (6 to 9) and (10 to 15)
– Short films should not be longer than 15 minutes and feature length films should not be less than 75 minutes. Animations should be at least 70 minutes long.
– Interested participants should register and submit the online screener link of their film via the official festival portal at www.portal.icff.ir .
- The physical copy of the film should be sent to the festival office in one of these formats: DVD, Blu-ray or USB.
- The complete press kit of the film comprising of the director’s statement, biography, filmography, director’s photo, film poster, brochure, film soundtracks, film stills and a 3-minute trailer should be submitted.
- The master copy of the selected film should include English subtitles.
- The deadline for all film submissions is September 15, 2020.
- The deadline for the submission of the master copy of the film is September 30, 2020.
- All selected films will receive a Certificate of Participation from the festival.
- Late submissions will not be acceptable and the selected film will automatically be re-moved from all festival programmes.
- The screening schedule will be planned and executed by the festival committee.
- Once a film is selected and confirmed by the participant, it can’t be withdrawn from the festival programme.
- Selection and participation in one of ICFF’s competitive sections entails unconditional acceptance of the festival rules & regulations.
- Only the producer, distributor or any authorised party of the film is entitled to submit the film.
- The abovementioned regulations have been drawn up in both Persian and English languages. If problems of interpretation shall arise, the Persian version of the regulation will prevail.
- The board of management of the ICFF is entitled to take decisions that are not foreseen in the above regulations and to modify them under special circumstances.
Submissions and further correspondence may be submitted to the organizers on
International Festival of Films for Children and Youth
Tehran Headquarters: No.59, Sie Tir Avenue, 1135817113 TEHRAN, IRAN
Tel: + 98 21 66736840
Fax: +98 21 66728758
Isfahan Headquarters: Abbasi Complex, Amadgah st.,in Front of the Abbasi Hotel, Isfahan, 8144917886,Iran.